We assume that you have installed Microsoft Office 2016 that is compatible with Windows 7 or later in your machine. Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.10. You may require Microsoft Office Language Interface Pack 2007- Kannada if you are not using Microsoft Office 2016.
How to save your presentation as a video
1. Create all the presentation slides using Microsoft PowerPoint for your topic or download the Kannada slides from this link that is already created for you.
PowerPoint Slides in Kannada (Courtesy of: Kollegala Sharma)
Original PowerPoint Slides in English (Courtesy of: Milind)
2. First translate all the sentences of slides from English to Kannada. Then create new PowerPoint presentation by typing the Kannada sentences using Kannada fonts in each slide. You are allowed to reuse the pictures from the original English slides only for the educational content creations, for non commercial purpose.
3. Review your slides by playing in the presentation mode once you are done creating all the slides including the animation.
4. Save the presentation.
5. Click File > Export > Create a Video. (Or, in PowerPoint 2016 only: On the Recording tab of the ribbon, click Export to Video.)
6. In the first drop-down box under the Create a Video heading, select the video quality you want, which pertains to the resolution of the finished video. The higher the video quality, the larger the file size:
7. The second drop-down box under the Create a Video heading tells whether your presentation includes narration and timings. (You may switch this setting if you like.)
8. If you haven’t recorded timed narration, by default the value is Don’t Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
The default time spent on each slide is 5 seconds. You can change that timing in the Seconds to spend on each slide box. To the right of the box, click the up arrow to increase the duration, or click the down arrow to decrease the duration.
If you have recorded a timed narration, by default the value is Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
9. Click Create Video. The Save As dialog box opens.
10. In the File name box, enter a file name for the video, and then browse to locate the file.
11. In the Save As type box, choose a supported video file format, and then click Save.
* You can track the progress of the video creation by looking at the status bar at the bottom of your screen. The video
creation process can take up to several hours depending on the length of the video and the complexity of the presentation.
* For a longer video, you can set it up so that it is created overnight. That way, it’ll be ready for you the following morning.
12. To play your newly-created video, go to the designated folder location, and then double-click the file
If you are a Mac user click on this link to know the steps to save a movie file or MP
Kannada video created using Microsoft PowerPoint
(Courtesy of: Kollegala Sharma)
How to type Kannada fonts in Macbook
You need to activate the keyboard for Kannada and the font will take care of itself.
1. Go to ‘System Preferences’
2. Select the ‘Keyboard’, go to ‘Input Sources’ tab, click on ‘+’ to view the available keyboard sources and check the box ‘Kannada – QWERTY’ and click ‘Add’. Then select ‘Kannada – QWERTY’ in the “flag” menu at the top right of the screen.
3. Then start typing in your text editor or Microsoft PowerPoint. Use Keyboard Viewer to see which key does what.
The top right of your screen needs to look like
How to Export PowerPoint Slides as Video in Mac
How to install Kannada font in Raspberry Pi
Just click on this link in your chromium browser, the font will be downloaded and installed on your Raspberry Pi Machine. You can start using google translator or any online tools to type Kannada fonts.